Sailing Charter: What to pack?
It’s time to get excited! You and your crew are about to embark on a sailing holiday that is set to be a trip of a lifetime! When traveling, most of us tend to pack more than absolutely necessary and prefer to have too much rather than too little, however, bear in mind that space is limited on your private yacht. Whether you have chosen a bareboat sailing charter, luxury crewed sailboat charter or a cabin charter, here are a few essentials to get you through the preparation stage and to help maximise your comfort onboard! You’ll be spending the majority of your time in light clothes such as t-shirts and shorts (when you’re not in swimwear) so pack lightly and bring more than one bathing suit – you’ll spend most of your time in swimwear! We also recommend that you pack a long-sleeved cardigan/sweater to see you through the evenings as it can get chilly after sunset, especially out on the water and you’ll need these for those stargazing nights on deck! Hard-soled shoes are forbidden on deck, bring a pair of soft white-soled shoes, flip-flops and maybe even a pair of comfortable walking shoes for exploring the islands on land.
- Soft-sided luggage or duffel type bags instead of hard suitcases.
- Medication bag/Toiletries
- Flip-flops/white-soled shoes/walking shoes
- Sunscreen/aftersun/insect repellent
- Small daypack for onshore adventures
- Breathable raincoat
- Chargers for all of your electronics
- A great book!
- Long-sleeved cardigans/sweaters
- Credit/debit cards (you will need cash to pay any taxi fares and your crews gratuity)
Caribbean Sailing Vacations look forward to welcoming you. Contact Us for details.
onboard your very own private yacht, see you soon!